I know this isn't news worthy or anything, but I have children. If you're a parent like I am, you are aware that raising a child can be extremely expensive now a days, even if you try to cut corners. With a mortgage and a stack of bills on top of that, after a grocery run and a tank of gas I'm not usually left with piles of cash. I live away from my family except for the ones that are still here in town, and the friends that are worth something I have to travel to see... so guess what? No social life either. I go to the store and I come home... where I usually spend most of my time unless an unexpected trip comes up. Which by the way, usually means I go to the mall or Walmart. I've been a mother for over 1100 and some odd days, and I've been away from them MAYBE 15 of them. I am in no way complaining (although everyone wishes they were rich and could travel to see their loved ones), and I'm not ashamed of my lifestyle because in the things I don't have... the things I DO have are far more valuable. Lane and I are a team, so I have it pretty great. With technology I'm never really alone anyway, so I've adjusted well.
What's the point of this spew of personal information you ask? I'm boring. My idea of a fun night after my boys are asleep is watching one of my tv shows or a movie on netflix, sitting online doing graphic design or playing a game on my wii. I've always been a homebody, and that doesn't have to be everyone's lifestyle -- but it's become mine. I know I haven't always been the greatest person in the past, but I've worked very hard to become the Pamela I am now. Change isn't always a bad thing. I still have my demons and with them I can struggle, but overall I'm content with saying that I love who I am as a woman, a person, a wife, a mother and a friend... and I am too old to be constantly working for someones affection and/or appreciation. When you love someone, you love them for who they are -- not by how much money they have or by the things they may or may not be able to offer you. One thing I can guarantee is that I'm going to make mistakes, but I'd do absolutely anything for the people I love. Now a days, you have to embrace who you are and be proud of it. So whether we're close or just friends on social media... this is me, take it or leave it.
No comments:
Post a Comment