Thursday, May 30, 2013

Let Them Be Little

As soon as I found out I was going to be a mom almost 4 years ago, I vowed to myself and the precious little life that was growing inside of me that I would do everything in my power to ensure he/she had the best childhood possible.  I have tried my best to embrace every “stage” of my boys lives.  I’ve found that they pass too quickly. It seems like just yesterday we were struggling to get adjusted to one another :) We did it! And now I could not imagine my life without them. I want my kids to be able to embrace childhood to the fullest like I did growing up. I absolutely love watching their little personality unfold. They are growing so fast. I want my kids to have sweet memories of great days we had together that will live on long after I am gone. My own Mema was probably one of the coolest Mema's ever when I was growing up.  She never missed a school or sporting event. She played Barbie’s with me, built forts with me, colored with me, played my favorite board game with me. She always had time for me. I am so thankful for her and what she does for us when we don't even ask her.  It isn’t about being able to provide all the materialistic things in the world. It’s about taking the time to love your kids, get down and play with them. Teach them about the world in a way that they can understand. Make an ordinary day into an extraordinary day. Get down in the floor and play with their toys, go outside when its 110 degrees and get sweaty and dirty because after all they really are only little once. You don’t get a second chance, so live it up because these days, this day, is the BEST day of your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment