Friday, June 7, 2013

In My Life

Every married couple should make it a point to go to a wedding every couple of years. There is just something magical about weddings. Maybe it’s the music or hearing the two people profess their love through their vows that takes you back to your day, your wedding day. Lane and I had a beautiful wedding. I made sure there was no detail left untouched. I wanted that day to be perfect. Boy if I knew then what I know now! We probably would have just taken the money and ran!! Oh well, I enjoyed my few hours of bliss. Every girl is entitled to it, right!? Marriage hasn’t been quite like a Nicholas Sparks novel. Don’t get me wrong, I love my husband with all of my heart and soul, but he isn’t a very romantic person and to be quite honest between him working full time and me chasing two toddlers during the day, there is little to no room left for romance in our day beacause by the end of the day, we both are tired. 

In just a couple of weeks we will be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary. We have had many ups and downs just like any married couple would. But, I can honestly say God has blessed me with such a wonderful man. No, he is not perfect, but he is perfect to me. While some married couples enjoy a drink or two, maybe three at a club or bar. We would much rather get up at the crack of dawn and watch bubble guppies, play all day and go to bed at sunset to have the energy and strength to do it all tomorrow. I’ve had my far share of going out each and every friday to concerts at Wild Bills when i was younger and to be quite honest…it isn’t what I consider fun anymore. Some may think I am a bore or that I am out of style but that’s ok. At the end of the day I have what I need, a husband who loves me unconditionally and two precious boys who my world revolves around! I wouldn’t trade those two things for ANYTHING!


No comments:

Post a Comment